$29 billion valuation with a lead magnet (Free Trial)!?
Yep… It’s no other than the most discussed AI Tool at the moment.
ChatGPT (Open AI).
Lead magnet used to be seen as just another marketing gimmick, but it has now become an essential tool for marketers in their campaigns.
So, what is a lead magnet?
A lead magnet is a type of digital asset that businesses use to attract potential customers and drive them toward making a purchase (Sales process).
Lead magnets can be anything from:
- Free trials
- Subscription offers
- White papers
- and more.
They are typically offered on a website or lead magnet’s landing page, in exchange for the user’s contact information like an email address, name, etc.
After obtaining this contact information, businesses can use it to market their products or services (Even for valuation!).
This is why lead magnets are so effective for business owners and marketers.
Lead magnets are not limited to websites; they can also be used in other digital marketing campaigns like email marketing, social media advertising, etc.
According to a survey conducted by WPForms, lead magnets increase the signup rate by 50%.
It’s clear that lead magnets can be an extremely powerful tool for any business. But there are also certain challenges associated with using lead magnets.
For example, businesses must be able to create high-quality content and offer incentives that are valuable enough for customers to sign up.
Additionally, businesses must also have effective processes in place for managing lead data and analytics.
Overall, lead magnets can be an incredibly powerful tool for any business looking to acquire more customers and increase sales conversions.
With the right strategy and processes in place, businesses can leverage lead magnets to drive more leads and ultimately increase their revenue.
In this article, I will share my insight on the power of lead magnets and share with you 42 lead magnet ideas I learn from Your First Funnel Challenge.
Let’s jump into it!
- Lead magnets can be an essential tool for businesses in their marketing campaigns.
- A lead magnet is a type of digital asset that businesses use to attract potential customers and drive them towards making a purchase.
- Lead magnets can be anything from free trials, subscription offers, discounts, white papers, ebooks, checklists, and more.
- Lead magnets are typically offered in exchange for the user’s contact information.
- According to a survey, lead magnets increase the signup rate by 50%.
- The 5 traits of a good lead magnet are: relevant, helpful, credible, desirable, and solves a specific problem.
- To create an effective lead magnet, the steps are to define your target audience, identify their pain points, choose a format, create high-quality content, optimize for conversion, and test and refine.
- 42 lead magnet ideas include ebooks, reports/white papers, case studies, how-to/instruction manuals, worksheets, cheat sheets, checklists, templates, and more.
What is a lead magnet?
Lead magnet is kinda like a “freebie” or giveaway.
It’s an incentive offered to potential leads in exchange for their contact information (like email address).
Lead magnets can be anything from free ebooks and whitepapers, webinars, checklists, cheat sheets, emails courses etc.
Anything you believe will help customers understand your product or service better and create a positive impression about your business.
Just like Open Ai, they offer a taste of their product (Free Trial) and take the market by storm.
The Benefits of Lead Magnets
Lead magnets offer a variety of benefits for businesses.
Here are some of the most important:
- Improved Lead Generation – Lead magnets can help to generate more leads for your business, which means more potential customers and higher sales conversions.
- Increased Brand Awareness – Lead magnets help to spread awareness about your brand and products.
- Higher Customer Engagement – By offering quality content, lead magnets can help to engage customers and build relationships with them.
- Increased Revenue – Lead magnets can help to increase sales conversions which means more revenue for your business.
- Valuation – Lead magnets can help to determine the value of a particular customer based on the information they provide when signing up for the lead magnet.
The Drawbacks of Lead Magnets
Lead magnets have their drawbacks as well.
Here are some of the most common drawbacks:
- Time-Consuming – Creating and launching lead magnets can be time-consuming. It requires a lot of planning, research, and effort in order to create effective ones.
- Difficult to Measure Impact – Measuring the impact of lead magnets can be difficult. This makes it hard to determine if they are really worth the investment.
- The Perceived Value – Lead magnets can be perceived as “cheap” or low-value by potential customers, which can lead to lower engagement.
- Negative Perception – If not done correctly, lead magnets can give off a negative perception of your business.
- Attracting The Wrong Customer – Lead magnets can attract the wrong type of customer, which means that they may not be interested in your products or services.
Need not worry thou, below we will discuss what makes a good lead magnet so you can create a lead magnet that is valuable and effective.
What is a good lead magnet?
I am pretty sure you have been to the market where you see a promoter handing out some samples of the product he is trying to sell.
This is an act to let you taste the product so that you make a decision to either buy or not.
Similarly, having a good lead magnet is essential in order to attract potential customers and encourage them to sign up for your services.
But… what if you are a vegan?
Would you try the food samples (Meat) that the promoter is offering?
No, because it doesn’t match your lifestyle.
Therefore, having a lead magnet tailored to your target audience can help you attract the right customers and increase sales conversions.
A good lead magnet should offer something of value to potential leads, be relevant to your product/service, and be easy to understand.
The 5 Traits of Good Lead Magnet
After conducting numerous research, below are the 5 traits that make a great lead magnet.
Even the best offer will fall flat if it doesn’t resonate with your intended audience.Searchenginejournal.com
You see, the key to creating an effective lead magnet is to provide information that your target audience would find useful and relevant.
For example, let’s say you run a coaching program for entrepreneurs
You could create a lead magnet that is tailored to the needs and interests of your customer, such as a free guide on “How to Start a Business in 30 Days” or an ebook on “The Ultimate Checklist for Starting a Business.”
These lead magnets will be very attractive to entrepreneurs who are looking for information on how to start their own businesses.
But does it end there?
No, an effective lead magnet should provide more than just useful information. It should also be easy to digest and have a clear call-to-action (CTA).
“I hope you find value in this free guide If you’re committed to taking the next step, sign up for our coaching program here at iamcommited.com.”
Helpful (Easy To Digest)
A lead magnet is helpful when it focuses on the customer. It should save a lead time, solve a problem, or provide a unique insight.Zendesk.com
Your lead magnet should be presented in a way that is easy for leads to digest.
It should be succinct, well-structured, and provide simple step-by-step instructions on how to use it.
For example, you can create a lead magnet that offers simple charts, templates, or checklists. These are easy to digest and understand because they provide leads with an instant solution to their problems.
In addition, your lead magnet should also be visually appealing.
The use of visuals such as images, videos, or illustrations can help make the content more engaging and easier to comprehend.
Which one performs better?
It depends on your goal.
If your goal is to generate leads quickly, then short and simple lead magnets are the way to go.
However, if you want to reach a deeper level of engagement with your leads, then longer and more complex lead magnets will be beneficial.
We will get into the statistic part of this subject matter in the following section.
Lead magnets like industry reports, studies, and ebooks help position your brand as an authority on a particular topic.Hubspot.com
Unless you are a fiction author, you don’t have to back up your claims with made-up stories.
Your lead magnet should be based on reliable sources such as credible research studies, expert interviews, and customer reviews.
Using data from trustworthy sources will help establish your brand’s credibility and gain the trust of your leads.
You can also include quotes or insights from experts in the industry to add a personal touch and validation to your lead magnet.
This will help demonstrate that you know what you are talking about and can provide valuable insight into the topic.
For instance, have you noticed James Clear, Atomic Habits always starts the chapter by referencing true events?
This strategy helps to build trust and engage your readers.
Desirable (High Value)
Your lead magnet should have both, high perceived value and high actual value.Optinmonster.com
Your lead magnet should be something that your leads find valuable, attractive, and desirable.
It should provide valuable information that they can’t easily find online.
For example, you could create a lead magnet that provides tips on how to optimize your website for search engines or strategies on how to successfully launch a new product.
These are topics that people are interested in but may not be able to find on their own.
In addition, you should also consider the time needed to consume your lead magnet.
Your goal should be to provide leads with a high-value offer that can be consumed within a short amount of time.
As such, it is important to ensure that your lead magnet provides substantial value without taking too much of their time.
By creating a lead magnet that offers immediate solutions to your leads’ problems, you can ensure that they find real value in what you have to offer.
Solve A Specific Problem (Quick Solution)
A great lead magnet must be valuable to your target audience. Aim to solve a problem or make their job or life easier in some way.neilpatel.com
Princeton researches suggest that people can make accurate judgments(First Impression) just within 1/10 of a second.
Imagine when your customer opt-in for your lead magnet to learn more about building funnels but they got a pdf about SEO case study instead.
You just lost the first impression within the blink of an eye!
Therefore, it is essential to create a lead magnet that solves a specific problem for your target audience.
Providing them with answers (Quick one) to their questions and addressing their pain points will be beneficial in creating a positive first impression.
This also helps to establish credibility as it shows that you understand their needs and can provide solutions to their problems.
For example, if you are targeting marketers, your lead magnet might be a guide on how to increase website conversions or a checklist for running successful campaigns.
By providing them with an answer to their problem quickly, they will feel satisfied that they have found the information they are looking for. (They will come back for more!)
With that in mind, I am sure you will create a lead magnet that can bring a positive first impression and draw more leads to your funnel.
Now let’s create the perfect lead magnet that can draw in more leads!
How to Create a Lead Magnet?
Creating an effective lead magnet is not an easy task.
It requires a well-thought-out strategy and considerable effort to execute correctly.
Here are some practical steps to create an effective lead magnet:
1. Define your target audience
The first and most critical step in creating a lead magnet is to identify your target audience.
Without knowing your ideal customer, it is impossible to create an attraction that resonates with them.
Make sure to research and analyze your target audience to understand their pain points, motivations, and interests.
2. Identify their pain points
Once you have defined your target audience, it is time to identify their pain points.
Consider their challenges or problems and think about ways you can provide them with a quick solution.
By addressing their pain points, you establish yourself as an authority in your niche and build trust with potential leads.
3. Choose a format
The next step is to choose a format for your lead magnet.
There are various formats to choose from, including eBooks, whitepapers, webinars, cheat sheets, checklists, and more.
Make sure to choose a format that suits your target audience’s preferences and is easy to consume.
4. Create high-quality content
An effective lead magnet must provide high-value content that addresses your target audience’s pain points.
Create high-quality content that is informative, engaging, and easy to understand.
Use visuals, graphs, or statistics to make your content more compelling and attractive.
5. Optimize for conversion
To make the most of your lead magnet, you need to optimize it for conversion.
This includes creating a landing page with a clear and concise headline, a persuasive call-to-action (CTA), and a clean design that makes it easy to read and navigate.
6. Test and refine
Once you have created your lead magnet, it’s time to test and refine it based on the feedback you receive.
Analyze how users interact with your lead magnet and tweak it based on their feedback to improve its effectiveness.
If anyone ever said guarantee success without even the need for testing, that’s a red flag.
Be it lead magnet, building funnels or any other marketing efforts, testing, and refining is the key to success.
Even the best funnel builder in the world would say the same thing.
Test, refine, and you will get the best out of your lead magnet (Every Campaign).
By following these practical steps, you should be able to create an effective lead magnet that resonates with your target audience and brings more leads into your funnel.
Remember, creating a high-converting lead magnet requires strategic effort and research but the result is definitely worth it! (See what happens to Open Ai)
Alright, now you know what a lead magnet is and how to create one.
Let’s get into the fun parts – let’s look at 42 lead magnet examples and statistics so you can get started on the right foot.
42 Lead Magnet Idea~s to Try
Alright, let’s dive into the lead magnet ideas.
Here are some of the most effective lead magnets that you can use to build your email list:
- Ebook (aka action plan, blueprint, etc)
- Report / White Paper
- Case Studies
- How to / Instruction Manual
- Cheat Sheet
- Swipe File
- Resource List
- Calendar / Planner
- Sample Chapter
- Toolkit / Bundle of Resources
- Video Training / Video Series
- Video Interview Series
- Audio Training / Audio Series
- Audio Interview Series
- Access Exclusive Podcast Content
- Virtual Summit Registration / Free Ticket
- Webinar (Auto or Live)
- Webinar Replay
- Practical Graphics, e.g. Desktop Wallpaper
- Stock Photos
- Educational Email Series
- Spreadsheet / Calculator
- Free Trial of Entire Product
- Free Access to Portion of Product (e.g. 1 Course Module)
- Get on Waiting List for Product to Be Released
- Chance to Win a Product / Enter Giveaway
- Different Versions of Your Content (e.g. Download This Post as an Audiobook)
- Transcript of Video or Audio
- Register for a Free Call
- Library of Content (e.g. Send Password to Protected Site Area Upon Sign Up)
- “Gated” Content (e.g. Reveal Half of Content in a Post and Require Sign Up for Other Half)
- Online Community Access (e.g. Must Sign Up to Get Link or Be Approved to Be in Group)
You don’t think I would just leave you hanging, would I?
Next, we will look into each with examples and stats as I promise. (I might miss a few so bear with me)
eBooks are the most popular lead magnet amongst subscribers, with 27.7% of marketers using them.WPForms.com
Ebook is the most popular lead magnet form amongst marketers and it is easy to see why – eBooks can include anything from action plans, blueprints, or cheatsheets.
This makes them a great asset to provide content-rich value to your readers.
Plus, they are easy to create and distribute.
And with the right design, they can look professional and polished.
This is why so many marketers are tapping into this lead magnet form to generate more leads for their businesses.
It’s a win-win situation. You will get more subscribers and readers and they will benefit from the knowledge you provide in your ebook.
Darby Rollins, The AI Author’s ebook is a great example of an ebook lead magnet.
Should the quality of all the ebook is as exquisite as his I think the marketer would be on the way to success.
Not only does it look visually appealing, but it is also packed with valuable information about storytelling for AI authors.
This makes it a great lead magnet that subscribers can use as an invaluable reference tool!
Reports / White Papers
A white paper is an informational document issued by a company or not-for-profit organization to promote or highlight the features of a solution, product, or service that it offers or plans to offer.Investopedia.com
Reports and white papers are a great way to provide readers with valuable industry insights.
They are also a great lead magnet because they allow you to delve deeper into topics that might not be covered in other content forms, such as eBooks or blog posts.
This makes them an ideal asset for positioning yourself as an authority in your industry.
Plus, reports and white papers are relatively easy to create compared to other content forms.
And you can use them as a way to showcase your research or analysis of data points that readers may not have access to otherwise.
This makes it easier for readers to get an in-depth understanding of a specific topic related to your industry.
Report / White Paper Example
Running ads could be costly if you are not sure of the outcome.
WordStream has a yearly Google ads report, an example of a great report/white paper lead magnet.
Their report provides readers with a comprehensive overview of the major trends that have emerged in the world of Google Ads over the past year, as well as advice on how to maximize ROI when running ads.
This type of content is invaluable for marketers who want to increase their understanding and knowledge about an important topic in their industry.
In addition, this type of lead magnet helps to position WordStream as a reliable authority in the world of paid search advertising.
Case studies are a great lead magnet since they indicate a user is aware of a problem and is actively seeking out a solution.Wishpond.com
If you are analytical, and detail-oriented, creating case studies may be the best lead magnet for you.
Case studies are a great way to demonstrate how your product or service has helped others solve their problems.
They provide readers with valuable insight into how your solution works and what results they can expect from it.
Plus, they are a great way to showcase any successes you have had with your products or services.
Case studies can be a great way to provide readers with real-world examples of how your solutions work and what they are capable of.
Case Study Example
Koray the man behind holisticseo.digital made his name with a research-led case study into semantic search.
He conducted research into the emerging field of semantic search and shared his findings in a comprehensive case study.
His case study dives deep into how semantics work, which is an invaluable source of information for those looking to understand how this technology works.
This type of content helps to showcase Koray’s expertise in the field and provides readers with valuable insights.
Plus, this type of lead magnet helps to position Koray as an authoritative source in the field of semantic search.
Check out his interview with Matt Diggity on Topical Authority for SEO.
By the way, Koray manage to get 8,000 subscribers (Leads) to join his list!
How to / Instruction Manual
A how-to guide is a detailed instructional document that provides step-by-step guidance on how to complete a particular task.
It could be a guide on how to use a product, how to solve a specific problem, or how to achieve a particular objective.
How-to guides are an essential lead magnet because they provide practical value to readers.
They offer solutions to real problems that your target audience is facing and help them achieve their goals.
The beauty of a how-to guide is that you can use it to highlight the benefits of your product or service in a practical way, while at the same time establishing yourself as an authority in your industry.
By offering a valuable solution to readers, you establish trust and credibility, increasing the chances of converting them into paying customers.
Creating a comprehensive how-to guide takes time and effort, but the results are worth it.
How to / Instruction Manual Example
One great example of a how-to guide lead magnet is the Free Training from Authority Hacker.
They provide an in-depth free training course covering content marketing, SEO, and link building.
The course is divided into bite-sized lessons with real-life examples, making it easy for readers to follow along and gain a deeper understanding of the topic.
By providing this type of in-depth content, Authority Hacker establishes itself as a reliable source of information in the digital marketing world.
Interactive Content Generates 2x More Conversions Than Passive ContentUplandsoftware.com
Remember back in the days when you offer coffee mugs and tote bags used to be the go-to lead magnets?
In today’s digital world, they are often replaced by interactive content such as worksheets or checklists.
Interactive content is a great way to engage readers and pique their interest in your brand.
It also allows you to provide valuable information without overwhelming the reader.
Worksheets allow your readers to actively engage with your content and take action on it.
The best worksheets are tailored to meet the specific needs of your audience, allowing them to get the most out of the content.
It’s fair to say that everybody knows who the “Big Guy is”.
Tony Robbins adopted the worksheet in his special seminars class “The Power of Certainty“.
To aches and entrepreneurs, it is no surprise that Tony’s worksheet has become a standard in the industry.
The worksheet helps to keep participants focused on their goals and provides a structure for them to achieve those goals.
It also serves as an effective lead magnet; when people complete the worksheet, they are more likely to take action on what he is going to offer next.
Still, remember the heartbeat when you bring your secret little note into the exam hall?
…And suddenly you are being worshiped by your friends because you have the answer to their questions in your little notes?
The same strategy applies to cheat sheets as well.
Cheat sheets are a great lead magnet as they provide quick, actionable advice that is easy for readers to digest.
Most cheat sheets offer a concise overview of different topics and provide distilled information in an easy-to-read format.
This makes it a great way to quickly learn new skills or master a complicated topic without spending too much time studying.
Cheat Sheet Example
Since ChatGPT is what everyone (marketers) is talking about right now, why not use it as an example?
This is what I found from KDnuggets.com.
It’s a ChatGPT cheat sheet where you can learn the basics of this new technology in a few minutes.
The cheat sheet provides an overview of ChatGPT and its features, what it does, and how to use it effectively.
Moreover, readers can learn about the different types of ChatGPT such as Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Contextual Chatbot.
The cheat sheet also provides readers with a quick list of commands and tips on how to use ChatGPT effectively.
But one thing KDnuggets needs to do is add this cheat sheet as a lead magnet to generate more leads instead of giving it out for free.
By doing so, the cheat sheet will become a powerful lead magnet and generate more leads for KDnuggets in the long run.
Checklist might be the most simple and easiest lead magnet to create.
It is concise, easy to understand and can be used as a reference when readers need it.
The main benefit of using a checklist is that it provides step-by-step guidance on how to do something.
Just like when your wife handed you the groceries list, you know what to do and where to go.
The same logic applies to the checklist; it allows readers to quickly understand the tasks they need to do by providing them with a comprehensive guide of what they need to accomplish.
A checklist is also great for tracking progress, as readers can easily check off each step and mark their progress as they go.
Lastly, checklists are great for increasing engagement and providing readers with a sense of accomplishment when each step is completed.
Err… shouldn’t you already know what a checklist (groceries list) looks like?
But I digress.
If you’re looking for a great example, take a look at “Funnel Launch Checklist“.
This article, perfectly illustrates what an effective checklist should look like.
The article provides readers with a comprehensive guide on launching their funnel in eight steps.
Each step contains a brief description of the task and a link to additional resources for more information.
This helps to keep readers focused on each individual step and allows them to track their progress as they go.
Your job is to turn this information into a lead magnet that will help to generate more leads for your business.
Templates can ease our workload and make us feel less stressed, and, at the same time, they increase efficiency.Byjus.com
I am not sure have you ever felt this way…
…staring at a blank doc, wanting to get something written but not knowing where to even start?
If you ever felt that way and thought “A template would save me so much time”, then templates could be the lead magnet of your dreams.
Templates provide readers with pre-formatted documents they can use as a starting point for their own projects.
Templates come in many forms, from copywriting templates to funnel templates or even legal document templates.
Some entrepreneurs even make a living by simply selling templates!
When it comes to picking a template, it is always best to choose one that has been proven to work.
This ensures that you are taking advantage of the most up-to-date trends and strategies in the industry, as well as avoiding costly mistakes that may come with using an outdated or ineffective template.
In addition to being proven to work, a good template should also provide clarity and structure.
This makes it easier for readers to understand the content and follow the steps.
A great example of such a template is Perfect Webinar Scripts.
Perfect Webinar Scripts is the framework that helps Russell Brunson to sell $3.2 Million in 90 minutes.
Thou this script is sold for only $7 but it is actually a lead magnet in disguise.
With this approach you can quickly identify which leads is a buyers and which are not, allowing you to focus on the leads that will give you more value for your efforts.
Swipe file might be less popular in this day and age, but it is still powerful lead magnet that can help you to attract more leads.
A swipe file is basically a collection of examples or templates used as references for creating something new.
For example, if you’re writing an email campaign, you could reference successful emails from other copywriters in your swipe file.
This way, you can get a better sense of how to structure your emails and what type of language is likely to capture the attention of your readers.
Swipe File Example
Copyhackers provide a great example of what an effective swipe file looks like.
In their article “What is a swipe file” they provide readers with a comprehensive list of examples from across the web.
This includes marketing emails, headlines, landing pages, product descriptions, and much more.
By using this swipe file as reference material for your own projects, you can quickly identify which elements are likely to be successful and which ones need further improvement.
A resourceful person will always make the opportunity fit his or her needs.Napoleon Hill
A resource list is another type of lead magnet that can help you to attract more leads.
It is similar to a swipe file in the sense that it provides readers with useful information.
However, instead of providing examples and templates, a resource list collects links from around the web and organizes them into an easy-to-browse list.
This allows readers to quickly and easily find the resources they are looking for, such as blogs, websites, tools, templates, videos, and more.
For example, if you’re looking for information on a particular topic or industry, you can use a resource list to quickly locate all of the relevant resources.
Resource List Example
One great example of a resource list I encounter lately is the one from Chase Reiner.
He ride the AI trend early this year and create a mini course about how to use bots to generate leads and sales.
He called it the “AI Profits“.
To help his students with the course, he also provides a comprehensive resource list that includes links to various offers, courses, tools, and websites.
He set up the resource list as a lead magnet and a way to attract more people to the course.
Even if people didn’t join his course he can still benefit from the resource list.
He could send emails to nurture them.
He could get an affiliate commission should they take up any offer.
Yep… it’s merely a Google sheet.
But it is a powerful lead magnet that can help him to generate more leads and sales.
Calendar / Planner
Scheduling is the art of planning your activities so that you can achieve your goals and priorities in the time you have available.Mindtools.com
You may think that who on earth would be interested in a calendar or planner?
Actually, not only the students and busy employees but it can also become a powerful lead magnet.
For example, you could create a digital planner that is tailored to your audience’s needs.
For example, if you are targeting entrepreneurs, you could create an organizer that helps them to plan their tasks and goals for the month.
Even if you run a YouTube channel the first thing Google advises you to do is to create a content plan (Planner)
If you are a fitness coach, you could create an online planner that helps to track their fitness goals.
The possibilities are endless!
Offering a tailored digital planner or calendar as part of your lead magnet gives visitors the flexibility and convenience to use the product no matter where they are.
Calendar / Planner Example
Would you be interested if someone could give you the exact time to post contents that could give you a traffic boost?
That’s what an article by influencermarketinghub.com did.
They tackle the best times to publish YouTube videos and created a “YouTube Upload Time Planner” as a resource for their readers.
Thou they didn’t capture their audience email with this resource but you could.
All you need to do is use this information and add your personal touch to it then you have a lead magnet to use right away!
Have you seen the latest book in the bookstore and you wanted to read it but don’t have the money (not really) or time to commit?
A sample chapter lead magnet allows readers to get a taste of what your content is like without having to pay for it.
This can be an effective way to introduce new content while simultaneously providing readers with something they can use right away.
For example, if you are writing a book on business or investing, you could offer a sample chapter as a lead magnet.
This would give readers an insight into your content and help them decide whether they want to purchase the full product.
Sample Chapter Example
I’m pretty sure you have seen tons of sample chapters yourself in Amazon.
My latest collection and favorite would be “Atomic Habits” by James Clear.
This book is about how small habits can form a big impact on your life. (Which I’m practicing right now to be a publisher)
You get the idea.
If Sample Chapter entices you then you may like this article from Nathan where he explained the ins and outs of Sample Chapter Lead Magnet and how you can use it to capture your reader’s email.
Nathan tackle this topic very well which I think would be really beneficial for you if you are planning to create a lead magnet.
Toolkit / Bundle of Resources
After doing SEO for a while now – I found out that people love to read “Listicle” types of content.
Take BuzzFeed as an example.
They generate all their traffic based on a listicle and quiz content.
So, why not use these same concepts but in a different way?
A toolkit or bundle of resources is a great way to create a lead magnet that keeps readers engaged and provides them with valuable content.
For example, if you are an online business coach, you could create a toolkit of templates and worksheets that your readers can use to help them create a business plan.
Toolkit / Bundle Example
Jacob Cass from justcreative.com – a site that provides tips, advice, and resources on all things design (branding) – created a free toolkit of resources dedicated to helping designers improve their portfolios.
He called it the “Branding Briefcase“.
So, if you are a designer then I’m sure you would love to get your hands on the Branding Briefcase.
This is an example of how you could use a toolkit or bundle of resources as a lead magnet to capture your reader’s email address.
I highly recommend checking out this resource from Jacob to get more ideas and inspiration on how you can create your own lead magnet.
Video Training / Video Series
87% say video marketing has helped them increase sales.Wyzowl.com
If I could turn back time – I should have started with video marketing first.
Video training or video series are great lead magnets because they provide your readers with a lot of valuable information (Emotional connection) in a short amount of time.
Recent research on how consumers behave online shows that videos are one of the most effective ways to capture your reader’s attention and get them to take action.
In fact, studies from HubSpot shows that 66% of consumer use video content to learn more about a brand or product.
Video Training / Video Series Example
Video training aka Webinar is huge right now and every marketer is using it to capture leads.
Russell Brunson’s Funnel Hacking Secrets in particular captures tons of leads every day through their webinars.
You can take it as an example to create your own webinar series for your lead magnet.
In the training, he teaches you how to Funnel Hack your competitors and create a successful business.
Another thing you should take note is how he structures his “Thank You Page” after you register for the webinar.
He uses the opportunity to offer his potential customer to pick up his low-ticket offers (Secret Trilogy).
Video Interview Series
Video Interview Series is a great way to establish yourself as an industry expert and create thought leadership in your niche.
By interviewing other experts or influencers, you can provide valuable content that your readers will love.
It is also an effective way of creating evergreen content that continuously captures leads each month.
Video Interview Series Example
There are so many examples of this – but I personally love the interview series by Niche Pursuits.
Every week Spencer Haw the founder and host Jared Bauman bring on successful website owners from different niches to share their secret.
Some of the success stories are truly inspiring and will motivate your readers to start their own online business.
By using this type of lead magnet, you can quickly establish yourself as an expert in your industry – making people want to sign up to your email list.
So, if you are looking for a great way to capture leads on auto-pilot then a video interview series is definitely something you should consider.
I highly encourage you to check out Niche Pursuits for more ideas and inspiration on how you can create your own lead magnet.
Check out one of my favorite series on how Mark Valderrama grow his blog (aquarium niche) to $20k per month.
(I hope one day I can be a guest on their show.)
Audio Training / Audio Series
I’m not a fan of audio – but I know a lot of people are.
In fact, 90 million Americans listen to podcasts every week!
I don’t know about you but I would be over the moon if I could 5% of them to sign up for my email list.
Audio training or audio series is great if you have an engaging personality, a clear voice, and compelling content.
Audio Training / Audio Series Example
Although this example may not really apply to most people – I still want to share it with you.
Dotcom secrets book by Russell offers an audio book version of the book.
Which he offer in the form of order bump when someone took up his free book.
You can use this as an example if you want to create your own audio book.
However, please note that it takes quite a bit of work and commitment to complete the project.
So make sure you are ready before you jump into creating one.
Audiobooks can help you improve your pronunciation and fluency, they can help you manage your time better, and they help people build critical listening skills, including children.Speechify.com
Audiobook is a great way to capture leads if you already wrote a book or an ebook.
You can simply record yourself reading the book and offer it as an audiobook.
This is especially effective if you have some sort of report, ebook, or book that requires your reader to read through it.
Same as above – I’m going to use Russell Brunson’s Dotcom Secrets book as an example.
He offers the audiobook of his book in the form order bump when someone took up his free book.
This is quite a genius way to add value and capture leads at the same time.
So if you have any book, ebook, or report that requires your reader to read through it – consider creating an audiobook version of the content to capture more opt-ins.
Audio Interview Series
Audio interview series is similar to the video interview series.
But instead of a video, your readers will be listening to an audio recording – which is great if they are short on time or prefer learning through listening rather than watching.
Audio Interview Series Example
I will save you time on this one – you should get the idea by now.
Yes – Niche Pursuits also have an audio interview series which is hosted by Spencer Haws and Jared Bauman every week.
You can go and check out their podcast to find out more about it.
Access Exclusive Podcast Content
Access Exclusive Podcast Content refers to offering special, premium content from a podcast that is not available to the general public.
This exclusive content can include bonus episodes, extended interviews, behind-the-scenes information, or early access to new episodes.
It is typically offered as an incentive for users to take a desired action, such as signing up for a newsletter or becoming a paying member.
Access exclusive podcast content can be a great lead magnet for several reasons:
- Value addition: Offering exclusive content adds value for your audience and gives them a reason to engage with your brand. By providing something unique and valuable that they cannot find elsewhere, you create a sense of exclusivity, which can attract more leads.
- Audience engagement: Exclusive content encourages deeper audience engagement with your podcast, as listeners are more likely to invest time and attention in consuming this premium content. This increased engagement can lead to stronger relationships with your audience and higher chances of converting them into leads or customers.
- Brand loyalty: Providing exclusive content can foster brand loyalty among your audience. When listeners feel that they are receiving special treatment or access to unique material, it can create a sense of appreciation and affinity towards your brand, making them more likely to become long-term followers and advocates.
- Monetization: Exclusive podcast content can also be used as a monetization strategy. By offering premium content in exchange for a subscription fee or membership, you can generate additional revenue while also collecting valuable leads.
- Data collection: To access exclusive content, users typically need to provide their email address or other contact information. This allows you to build a database of potential leads that you can nurture through email marketing, retargeting campaigns, or other marketing strategies.
To make your exclusive podcast content an effective lead magnet, ensure that it is relevant, high-quality, and offers genuine value to your audience.
Additionally, promote your exclusive content across your marketing channels to increase its visibility and attract more leads.
Exclusive Podcast Content Example
An article from the thepodcasthost.com gives you ideas on content to create for your exclusive podcast.
You can create a mini series that covers any particular topic or you can offer access to outtake material from previous episodes.
You can even create a private Q&A session with your readers – either through podcast episode or webinar.
So if you are looking for interesting way to capture leads on autopilot – this could be a great option to consider.
Virtual Summit Registration / Free Ticket
Since 2019, virtual summit has been gaining popularity.
People change how they consume the content – from physical meetup to online meetup.
(I still prefer physical meetup, but hey – times are changing.)
A virtual summit is a great way to capture leads and grow your list.
Virtual Summit Registration / Free Ticket Example
My friend Zeky Ahmed the “Cult” leader from the best Facebook group to learn about “How to Start a Cult” organize a summit that gathers all the amazing cult builders to share their secrets on how to grow your community.
It would be a surprise if he doesn’t call it Cult Builders Live Summit.
Webinar (Auto or Live)
Webinar is dead? No it’s not!
Webinar is still a great way to capture leads – either through auto or live.
76% of marketers say that webinars help them reach more leads, 75% say it extends brand reach, 69% say it helps scale marketing efforts, and 49% say that it helps them reach targeted accountsOn24
A webinar is an online seminar, presentation, or workshop that is conducted over the internet using video conferencing software.
Webinars allow presenters to share their knowledge and expertise with a remote audience in real-time, enabling interaction through features such as chat, Q&A, and polls.
There are two main types of webinars: live and automated (auto).
- Live Webinar: A live webinar is conducted in real-time, with the presenter(s) and attendees participating simultaneously. During a live webinar, participants can interact with the presenter and ask questions, making it an engaging and interactive experience. Live webinars can also be recorded for future viewing or distribution.
- Automated (Auto) Webinar: An automated or auto webinar is a pre-recorded presentation that simulates a live webinar experience. It is scheduled to play at specific times or can be made available on-demand. Automated webinars can include interactive elements such as chat, Q&A, and polls, but these interactions are usually simulated or pre-programmed. Auto webinars offer more flexibility in scheduling and can reach a wider audience since they can be accessed at the viewer’s convenience.
Both live and automated webinars can be effective tools for businesses and organizations to educate their audience, demonstrate products, generate leads, and build brand authority.
The choice between a live or automated webinar depends on factors such as the presenter’s availability, the desired level of interaction with the audience, and the need for scheduling flexibility.
Webinar (Auto or Live) Example
I’ll be damn if I don’t use an example from Russell Brunson’s Funnel Hacking Secrets.
Funnel Hacking Secrets is automated webinar series from Russell Brunson and the team.
It consists of 3 parts, and each part is 20 minutes long.
At the end of the webinar, he pitches his flagship bundles – 6/12 months of ClickFunnels subscription and Funnel Hacking course which can help you in building your own sales funnel for your business.
LAST CHANCE TO WATCH BEFORE IT’S TAKEN DOWN!
I am sure you have seen this headline in your email inbox.
Webinar replay could help re-engage your audience that didn’t show up or miss the webinar.
It also adds a sense of urgency and scarcity to your offer – as usually, you will schedule for it to be taken down after a certain amount of time after the original event.
Webinar Replay Example
You will see the example if you opt-in for Funnel Hacking Secrets.
(Your turn to do the homework)
90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual.Infographic World
Infographics are visual representations of data, information, or knowledge that aim to present complex information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner.
They typically combine elements of text, images, charts, and diagrams to communicate a message or tell a story more effectively than using text alone.
Infographics can become a lead magnet for several reasons:
- Ease of consumption: Infographics simplify complex information, making it easier for the audience to understand and digest the content. This increases the chances of your content being shared and attracting more leads.
- Visual appeal: Humans are naturally drawn to visuals, and infographics use attractive designs and colors to grab the viewer’s attention. This helps in generating interest and curiosity, prompting users to engage with your content and potentially become leads.
- Shareability: Infographics are easily shareable on social media platforms, blogs, and websites. This increases the likelihood of your content reaching a wider audience, leading to more leads and potential customers.
- Brand awareness: An informative and well-designed infographic can help establish your brand as an authority in your industry. It demonstrates your expertise and can position your business as a thought leader, which can attract more leads.
- SEO benefits: Infographics can generate backlinks to your website when others share and reference your content. This can improve your search engine rankings, driving more organic traffic and potential leads to your site.
To make your infographic a successful lead magnet, ensure that it is relevant to your target audience, presents valuable information, and has an eye-catching design.
Additionally, include a clear call-to-action (CTA) within the infographic or in the accompanying text to encourage viewers to take the desired action, such as signing up for your newsletter or contacting you for more information.
Simply go to Pinterest and type ‘infographic’.
You will see tons of infographics about different topics.
A stock photo is a professionally taken photograph that is licensed for use by individuals or businesses for various purposes, such as marketing materials, websites, social media, blogs, and more.
Stock photos are typically created by photographers who upload their work to stock photo agencies or platforms, where users can browse, purchase, and download the images for their needs.
These photos cover a wide range of subjects, styles, and themes, making it easy for users to find suitable images for their projects.
Stock photos can be used as a lead magnet for several reasons:
- High-quality visuals: Stock photos offer high-quality, professional visuals that can enhance the overall appearance of your content, making it more attractive and engaging for your target audience. By offering stock photos as a lead magnet, you provide value to your audience and encourage them to sign up for your mailing list or complete another desired action.
- Time and cost savings: Creating custom visuals can be time-consuming and expensive. Stock photos provide an affordable and convenient alternative, allowing users to access a vast library of images without the need for hiring a professional photographer or investing in expensive equipment. Offering stock photos as a lead magnet can attract leads who are looking for efficient and cost-effective solutions for their visual content needs.
- Versatility: Stock photos can be used across various platforms and formats, making them a versatile resource for your audience. By providing access to a collection of stock photos as a lead magnet, you cater to a wide range of needs and interests, increasing the likelihood that your target audience will find value in your offer.
- Ease of use: Most stock photo platforms offer user-friendly search options and categorizations, making it easy for users to find and download the images they need. Providing access to a curated selection of stock photos as a lead magnet simplifies the process even further, saving your audience time and effort in sourcing visuals for their projects.
To use stock photos as a lead magnet, you can offer a collection of high-quality, relevant images for free or at a discounted rate in exchange for your audience’s contact information or other desired actions.
Make sure to choose images that cater to your target audience’s needs and interests, and promote your offer through various marketing channels to attract more leads.
Stock Photos Example
Unsplash is a great example of stock photo platform that can be used as a lead magnet.
It offers users access to over 1 million (Probably more) high-quality images, all royalty-free and readily available for download.
With Unsplash, you can easily find suitable visuals for any project, from travel to business and marketing themes.
Educational Email Series
Educational Email Series is a carefully crafted sequence of emails designed to educate and inform subscribers about a specific topic, product, or service.
These emails aim to provide valuable insights and actionable advice, helping your audience achieve their goals, solve problems, or make informed decisions.
By sharing your expertise and offering practical solutions, you build trust and credibility with your subscribers, positioning your brand as an authority in your industry.
An Educational Email Series can be used as a powerful lead magnet for several reasons:
- Value-Driven Content: When you offer an Educational Email Series, you provide your audience with valuable, benefits-focused content that directly addresses their needs and interests. This high-quality content entices potential leads to sign up for your email list and engage with your brand.
- Showcasing Expertise: By sharing your knowledge and personal experiences, you demonstrate your expertise and establish credibility with your audience. This positions you as a reliable source of information and sets your brand apart from competitors, which can attract more leads.
- Building Trust and Loyalty: An Educational Email Series allows you to nurture relationships with your subscribers over time. By consistently delivering valuable insights and practical solutions, you build trust and foster loyalty among your audience, making them more likely to choose your products or services when they’re ready to make a purchase.
- Personalization and Relevance: An Educational Email Series can be tailored to address the specific needs and preferences of your target audience. By segmenting your email list and delivering targeted content, you ensure that your subscribers receive relevant, personalized information that resonates with them, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
- Engagement and Retention: A well-crafted Educational Email Series encourages subscribers to interact with your brand and stay engaged with your content. This ongoing engagement increases the chances of converting leads into customers, as they become more familiar with your brand and its offerings.
To use an Educational Email Series as a lead magnet, create a compelling and persuasive series that addresses your target audience’s pain points and showcases the benefits of your product or service.
Offer this email series in exchange for contact information or another desired action, and promote it through various marketing channels to attract more leads.
By providing valuable content and demonstrating your expertise, you can effectively generate and nurture leads with an Educational Email Series.
Educational Email Series Example
You seen – Subscribe to our newsletter somewhere before right?
This is an example of Educational Email Series used as a lead magnet.
When someone subscribes to your newsletter, they receive educational content related to your product or service.
The email series should aim to provide valuable insights and actionable advice, helping subscribers achieve their goals or solve problems.
By delivering this type of high-quality content, you build trust and credibility with your audience, positioning your brand as an authority in the industry.
This encourages potential leads to sign up for your email list and engage with your brand.
An Educational Email Series is an effective lead magnet that can drive more conversions and increase customer retention over time.
Consider using this strategy in your business to attract and nurture leads.
By offering valuable content and demonstrating your expertise, you can generate more leads with an Educational Email Series.
Give it a try to add value to your brand!
Did you know that “Challenge” is a great lead magnet?
In fact, Russell manage to capture 200,000 leads with a simple challenge!
You can see him explain it here.
A Challenge is a lead magnet that encourages participants to take specific actions, such as sharing their experiences or creating content.
Then it makes me wonder.
Why do people love challenges so much then I realize that what they truly wants is to see PROGRESS.
That’s why challenges are so impactful, give participants a sense of accomplishment when they notice their progress.
There is no shortage of challenges in the market right now.
There is One Funnel Away Challenge (OG) then there is Your First Funnel Challenge and the list goes on…
…One particular challenge I want to share with you is the “Challenge Secrets Masterclass”.
Challenge Secrets Masterclass is a challenge that teaches you how to create a Challenge!
In 5-days you will learn how to create, dominate, deliver your challenge and how to maximize your lead generation.
At the end of the challenge, you’ll have a complete Challenge Funnel that you can use for any kind of offer/business you work with!
Challenge Secrets Masterclass is a great example of an effective lead magnet.
By encouraging participants to take specific actions, you can generate more leads and build relationships with potential customers.
Challenges are a great way to engage your audience and increase conversions.
So, if you’re looking for an effective lead magnet strategy, try using Challenges to capture more leads!
A quiz is an interactive form of content that consists of a series of questions designed to test a person’s knowledge, assess their personality traits, or gather opinions on a specific topic.
Quizzes can be fun, engaging, and informative, making them a popular content format for both entertainment and educational purposes.
They can be found on websites, social media platforms, and in marketing campaigns.
Creating a quiz can be a good lead magnet for several reasons:
- Engagement: Quizzes are interactive and engaging, which encourages users to participate and complete the entire quiz. This active involvement with your content increases the likelihood that users will provide their contact information or take another desired action at the end of the quiz.
- Shareability: Quizzes often have a viral nature, as people enjoy sharing their results with friends and family on social media. This increased shareability can help your quiz reach a wider audience, generating more leads for your business.
- Personalization: Quizzes can be tailored to address the specific interests and preferences of your target audience. By creating a quiz that resonates with your audience, you increase the chances of capturing their attention and converting them into leads.
- Data Collection: Quizzes provide valuable insights into your audience’s interests, preferences, and opinions. This data can be used to segment your email list, create targeted marketing campaigns, and improve your products or services based on user feedback.
- Brand Awareness: A well-designed quiz can help raise awareness about your brand and showcase your expertise in a particular field. By offering valuable and entertaining content, you can position your brand as a trusted source of information and attract more leads.
To create a successful quiz as a lead magnet, ensure that it is relevant to your target audience, offers value, and has an engaging format.
At the end of the quiz, include a clear call-to-action (CTA) that prompts users to provide their contact information or take another desired action in exchange for their results or additional content.
Promote your quiz through various marketing channels to increase its visibility and attract more leads.
Here’s an example of a quiz that could be used as a lead magnet for a business in the “Making Money Online” niche:
Quiz Title: “Discover Your Perfect Online Income Stream”
This quiz is designed to help users identify the most suitable online income stream for their skills, interests, and lifestyle. It consists of a series of questions about their current work situation, preferred working style, areas of expertise, and personal goals.
Questions might include:
What is your current work situation?
- Full-time employee
- Part-time employee
How do you prefer to work?
- A mix of both
Which area of expertise best describes your skillset?
- Writing and content creation
- Graphic design and multimedia
- Web development and programming
- Digital marketing and social media
What is your primary goal for making money online?
- Supplementing my current income
- Replacing my full-time job
- Building a passive income stream
- Starting my own online business
Upon completing the quiz, users are prompted to enter their email address to receive a personalized report outlining the most suitable online income stream based on their responses.
This lead magnet provides value by offering tailored recommendations to help users achieve their financial goals.
Additionally, you can offer subscribers access to exclusive tips, resources, or courses related to their chosen income stream, further incentivizing them to join your mailing list.
Promote this quiz through your website, social media platforms, and other marketing channels to attract a wider audience and generate more leads.
By offering a personalized, engaging, and valuable experience, this quiz can effectively capture the attention of your target audience and convert them into leads.
A survey is a research method used to gather data, opinions, or feedback from a group of people by asking them a series of questions.
Surveys can be conducted through various means, such as online forms, telephone interviews, or face-to-face interactions.
They are widely used in market research, customer satisfaction analysis, and employee feedback collection.
Surveys help businesses and organizations gain insights into their target audience’s preferences, needs, and behaviors, which can inform decision-making and drive improvements.
Creating a survey can be an effective lead magnet for several reasons:
- Data Collection: Surveys allow you to collect valuable information about your target audience, such as their preferences, pain points, and demographics. This data can help you better understand your audience and create more targeted marketing campaigns, products, or services that cater to their needs.
- Audience Engagement: By asking your audience for their opinions and feedback, you show that you value their input and care about their needs. This engagement can foster trust and build stronger relationships with your audience, making them more likely to convert into leads or customers.
- Identifying Pain Points: Surveys can help you identify the challenges and problems faced by your target audience. By addressing these pain points in your marketing materials or product offerings, you demonstrate your understanding of your audience’s needs and position your brand as a solution provider.
- Personalization: The insights gained from surveys can be used to create personalized content or offers for your audience. Personalized experiences resonate better with your audience and can lead to higher conversion rates.
- Incentivization: To encourage participation in your survey, you can offer incentives such as discounts, exclusive content, or entry into a giveaway. These incentives can act as an additional lead magnet, attracting more respondents and increasing the likelihood of capturing their contact information.
To create a successful survey as a lead magnet, ensure that it is relevant to your target audience, easy to complete, and offers value in return for their participation.
Promote the survey through various marketing channels to reach a wider audience and generate more leads.
By using a survey to engage your audience and gather valuable insights, you can effectively capture their attention and convert them into leads.
Here’s an example of a survey that could be used as a lead magnet for a business in the “making money online” niche:
Survey Title: “Your Online Income Roadmap”
This survey is designed to gather information about the respondents’ interests, skills, and goals related to making money online. The insights collected from the survey will help you create personalized content, resources, or offers tailored to their needs.
Questions might include:
What is your primary goal for making money online?
- Supplementing my current income
- Replacing my full-time job
- Building a passive income stream
- Starting my own online business
Which area of expertise best describes your skillset?
- Writing and content creation
- Graphic design and multimedia
- Web development and programming
- Digital marketing and social media
How much time can you dedicate to working on your online income each week?
- Less than 5 hours
- 5-10 hours
- 10-20 hours
- More than 20 hours
What type of online income streams are you most interested in exploring? (Select all that apply)
- Affiliate marketing
- Freelancing services
- Online courses or coaching
- Selling digital or physical products
Upon completing the survey, respondents are prompted to enter their email address to receive a personalized online income roadmap based on their responses.
This lead magnet provides value by offering tailored recommendations to help users achieve their financial goals.
Additionally, you can offer subscribers access to exclusive tips, resources, or courses related to making money online, further incentivizing them to join your mailing list.
Promote this survey through your website, social media platforms, and other marketing channels to attract a wider audience and generate more leads.
By offering a personalized, engaging, and valuable experience, this survey can effectively capture the attention of your target audience and convert them into leads.
An app, short for “application,” is a software program designed to perform specific tasks or functions on a device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Apps are typically created for mobile devices and can range from simple tools like calculators to complex platforms like social media networks, e-commerce stores, or productivity suites.
Some popular examples of apps include Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Uber, and Airbnb.
Apps can be broadly categorized into two types:
- Native Apps: These are developed specifically for a particular operating system (OS), such as iOS or Android, and can only be accessed on devices with that OS. Native apps offer better performance, user experience, and access to device-specific features compared to other app types.
- Web Apps: These are browser-based applications that can be accessed through any device with an internet connection, regardless of the OS. Web apps are typically easier to develop and maintain but may lack the full functionality and seamless user experience of native apps.
Creating an app offers numerous benefits for businesses, making it an ideal lead magnet. Here are some key reasons why having an app can boost your brand’s success:
- Increased Customer Engagement: An app allows businesses to connect with their customers more easily and frequently. By offering valuable content, interactive features, and personalized experiences, an app can foster long-term relationships with your audience and encourage brand loyalty.
- Personalization: Apps provide businesses with the opportunity to tailor their offerings based on user preferences, behavior, and location. This personalization can lead to higher conversion rates, as users are more likely to engage with content and offers that resonate with them.
- Simplified Market Research: Apps can collect valuable data on user behavior, preferences, and demographics, helping businesses better understand their target audience. This information can be used to refine marketing strategies, improve products or services, and create more targeted content.
- Revenue Generation: Apps can serve as a seamless revenue-generating platform for businesses. They can be monetized through in-app purchases, subscriptions, or advertising, providing a steady stream of income while offering value to users.
Spreadsheet / Calculator
You can’t measure what you don’t count, and this applies to business success as well.
Spreadsheets and calculators are essential tools for tracking performance metrics, measuring progress, forecasting future trends, and more.
They enable businesses to quickly identify opportunities or areas of improvement and make informed decisions based on data analysis.
You can offer a spreadsheet or calculator to your mailing list as a lead magnet. This will help your target audience easily track and manage their finances, identify profitable opportunities, or plan for future growth.
In addition to providing value to potential customers, this type of lead magnet also helps you capture more leads because users need to provide their personal information in order to access the spreadsheet or calculator.
Let’s look at the banking industry as an example.
One popular lead magnet for banks is offering a mortgage calculator that calculates monthly payments, interest rates, and other details based on the user’s inputted information.
By providing potential customers with this tool, banks are able to capture more leads while helping users make informed decisions about their mortgages.
In addition to offering this type of lead magnet, banks can create other types of calculators such as loan, savings, retirement, and investment calculators.
Free Trial of Entire Product
A free trial of an entire product is when a business offers potential customers the opportunity to try out their product or service for a specific period of time, typically ranging from a few days to a month, without having to pay anything upfront.
During this trial period, customers can use all of the features and capabilities of the product to see if it meets their needs and provides value to their business.
Offering a free trial of your entire product can be a great lead magnet because it allows potential customers to get a firsthand experience of what your product is capable of, without any financial commitment.
This can be especially effective for products that require a significant investment, such as software or online courses.
By offering a free trial, you not only give potential customers the opportunity to test out your product, but you also build trust and credibility with them.
If your product delivers on its promises and provides real value to the customer, they are more likely to continue using it after the trial period ends and become a paying customer.
Additionally, a free trial of your entire product can help you gather valuable feedback from potential customers.
This feedback can be used to improve your product and address any potential issues or concerns before launching it to the wider market.
Overall, offering a free trial of your entire product can be an effective lead magnet that helps you attract and convert potential customers, while also gaining valuable insights into how your product can be improved.
Free Trial of Entire Product Example
Let’s take a look at my favorite funnel builder software, ClickFunnels.
The simplicity of creating funnels with their drag-and-drop editor makes it an attractive choice for entrepreneurs who want to save time and resources.
To attract potential customers and build trust, ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial of their entire product.
This allows users to get hands-on experience with the software without having to make any financial commitments upfront.
At the end of the trial, users can decide if they want to continue using the software or opt-out with no questions asked.
Overall, a free trial of their entire product is an effective lead magnet for ClickFunnels that helps attract and convert potential customers while also gaining valuable feedback about their product.
Free Access to Portion of Product (e.g. 1 Course Module)
Free access to a portion of a product, such as one-course module, is a lead magnet that provides potential customers with a taste of what your product or service offers.
By offering this free access, you are giving potential customers an opportunity to sample the value of your product without requiring them to fully commit to a purchase.
This type of lead magnet can be particularly effective for products that require a significant investment of time or money, such as online courses or software programs.
By providing a sneak peek of the content, you can help potential customers understand exactly what they would be paying for and how it could benefit them.
Additionally, free access to a portion of your product allows you to showcase your expertise in a particular area and build trust with potential customers.
Offering free access to a portion of your product can also help you collect information about potential customers.
At the very least, you can collect their email address in exchange for free access, allowing you to continue to market to them and nurture them as leads.
Overall, free access to a portion of your product can be an effective lead magnet because it allows potential customers to get a taste of what you have to offer while building trust and establishing yourself as an authority in your field.
Free Access to Portion of Product (e.g. 1 Course Module) Example
If my memory serves me well…
The Capitalist Pig – Steve Larsen did this with his MLM funnel. (Multi-level marketing)
He offers a sneak peek (1st Module) to his subscribers to experience what they expect from his course.
Get on Waiting List for Product to Be Released
“Get on Waiting List for Product to Be Released” is a lead magnet that allows businesses to generate interest and excitement for an upcoming product release.
By offering potential customers the opportunity to be among the first to know when the product is available, businesses can build anticipation and create a sense of exclusivity around the launch.
This type of lead magnet can be particularly effective for products that are highly anticipated or in high demand.
By generating a waiting list, businesses can:
- Gauge interest: The number of sign-ups for the waiting list can provide an indication of the level of demand for the product. This information can be used to refine marketing strategies and make informed decisions about production and inventory.
- Build momentum: By creating a waiting list and gradually releasing details and updates about the product, businesses can build excitement and generate buzz. This can result in increased visibility and social proof, which can ultimately lead to more sales.
- Nurture leads: By collecting contact information from potential customers who sign up for the waiting list, businesses can continue to market to them and nurture them as leads. This can help to keep the product top-of-mind and increase the likelihood of conversion.
Overall, “Get on Waiting List for Product to Be Released” is a lead magnet that can be a powerful tool for generating interest, building momentum, and nurturing leads for an upcoming product release.
Get on Waiting List for Product to Be Released Example
I think I mentioned Authority Hacker somewhere in this article.
Authority Hacker team is a course creator who implemented this lead magnet.
They only open their flagship course Authority Hacker Pro once a year, and they offer waiting list sign-up to notify subscribers when the course is open for sale.
This lead magnet helps them to leverage the excitement generated through anticipation of their product release and convert them into paying customers.
Ultimately, lead magnets can be an effective way to capture leads, generate interest in your product or service, and create trust and authority.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of lead magnets to see what works best for your business. With the right lead magnet, you can start generating leads today!
A coupon is a promotional tool that provides customers with a discount or special offer on a product or service.
Coupons are typically used to incentivize customers to make a purchase or take a specific action.
Businesses can use coupons as a lead magnet by offering them in exchange for contact information, such as an email address or phone number.
By collecting this information, businesses can continue to market to the customer and nurture them as a lead.
Coupons can be particularly effective as a lead magnet because they provide immediate value to the customer.
A well-designed coupon can motivate potential customers to take action and make a purchase, which can ultimately lead to increased revenue for the business.
Additionally, coupons can help businesses attract new customers and build brand loyalty.
By providing a discount or special offer, businesses can encourage potential customers to try their product or service for the first time. If the customer has a positive experience, they may become a repeat customer and even recommend the business to others.
Overall, coupons can be a powerful tool for attracting and nurturing leads.
By offering a discount or special offer in exchange for contact information, businesses can incentivize potential customers to take action and ultimately drive sales.
A real-life example of using a coupon as a lead magnet in digital marketing is when an e-commerce business offers a discount code to new subscribers to their email newsletter.
For instance, a business may offer a 15% discount code off the customer’s first purchase if they sign up for their email newsletter.
By offering this coupon, the e-commerce business incentivizes potential customers to sign up for their email newsletter, which allows them to continue to market to the customer and nurture them as a lead.
The customer, in turn, receives immediate value in the form of a discount on their first purchase.
Furthermore, once the customer has made their first purchase and had a positive experience, they are more likely to become a repeat customer.
This can result in increased revenue for the e-commerce business over time.
Overall, using a coupon as a lead magnet in digital marketing can be an effective way to attract new customers, incentivize sign-ups for email lists or loyalty programs, and ultimately drive sales.
Chance to Win a Product / Enter Giveaway
“Chance to Win a Product/ Enter Giveaway” is a lead magnet in which businesses offer potential customers the opportunity to win a product or enter a giveaway contest in exchange for their contact information, such as an email address or phone number.
This type of lead magnet can be highly effective because it taps into customers’ desire for freebies and excitement around winning something.
The chance to win a product or enter a giveaway contest can create a sense of urgency and exclusivity around the offer, making it more appealing to potential customers.
By offering this type of lead magnet, businesses can:
- Build brand awareness: Giveaways and contests can be highly shareable on social media, increasing the visibility of a business and building brand awareness.
- Collect valuable contact information: By collecting contact information from participants, businesses can continue to market to them and nurture them as leads.
- Increase engagement: Giveaways and contests are often highly engaging, as participants may need to complete certain actions, such as liking a social media page or sharing with friends, in order to enter.
- Generate buzz: Highly anticipated or valuable prizes can generate buzz and excitement around a business and its products or services.
Overall, “Chance to Win a Product/ Enter Giveaway” is a lead magnet that offers businesses an opportunity to build brand awareness, collect valuable contact information, increase engagement, and generate buzz around their products or services
Chance to Win a Product / Enter Giveaway Example
Challenge Secrets Masterclass apply this for their launch.
They offered potential customers the chance to win prizes when you join their challenge.
These prizes come in various form from low to high value.
Their lead magnet allowed them to build their database and to nurture the leads they collected in the form of emails and other contact information.
The campaign proved successful (at least it got me to join) as they were to generate buzz around their challenge.
In fact, they even automate the whole process with Facebook Messenger! (Smart)
Different Versions of Your Content (e.g. Download This Post as an Audiobook)
Different versions of your content refer to offering your existing content in different formats. (Some call it content upgrade)
For example, if you have a blog post, you could offer it as a downloadable PDF or an audiobook version.
Offering different versions of your content as a lead magnet can be an effective way to reach a wider audience and appeal to different learning styles.
Some people may prefer to read a blog post, while others may prefer to listen to an audiobook version while they’re on the go.
By offering different versions of your content, you increase the chances that potential customers will find your content valuable and engage with it.
Additionally, offering multiple formats can demonstrate your willingness to be flexible and accommodate different preferences, which can help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
To use this as a lead magnet, businesses can offer different versions of their content in exchange for contact information, such as an email address or phone number.
This allows businesses to continue to market to the customer and nurture them as a lead.
Overall, offering different versions of your content as a lead magnet is an effective way to reach a wider audience and demonstrate your flexibility and willingness to accommodate different learning preferences.
Transcript of Video or Audio
Transcript of video or audio is a written version of the content included in a video or audio file.
Offering a transcript as a lead magnet involves providing this written version of the content to potential customers in exchange for their contact information.
Transcripts can be a valuable tool for businesses because they offer an alternative way for people to consume content, particularly for those who prefer to read instead of watching or listening.
Transcripts can also serve as a reference for people who want to quickly find specific information from a longer video or audio recording.
By offering a transcript of a video or audio as a lead magnet, businesses can:
- Reach a wider audience: Some people may prefer to read content instead of watching or listening to it, so offering a transcript can increase the chances that potential customers will engage with the content.
- Improve accessibility: Transcripts can make content more accessible for people with hearing impairments or those who prefer to read along while listening.
- Enhance SEO: Including transcripts on a website can improve search engine optimization (SEO) by providing written content that search engines can crawl.
- Collect valuable contact information: By offering a transcript as a lead magnet, businesses can collect contact information from potential customers, which can be used to market to them and nurture them as leads.
Overall, offering a transcript of video or audio content as a lead magnet is an effective way to make content more accessible, reach a wider audience, and collect valuable contact information.
Register for a Free Call
“Register for a Free Call” is a lead magnet in which businesses offer potential customers the opportunity to register for a free consultation or phone call in exchange for their contact information, such as an email address or phone number.
This type of lead magnet can be highly effective because it provides potential customers with a direct and personalized connection with the business.
By offering a free call, businesses can demonstrate their expertise, answer questions, and provide tailored advice or recommendations.
Additionally, by collecting contact information from participants, businesses can continue to market to them and nurture them as leads.
Other benefits of offering a “Register for a Free Call” lead magnet include:
- Building trust: Offering a free consultation or call can help build trust with potential customers by showing that the business is willing to invest time and resources in helping them.
- Demonstrating value: By providing tailored advice or recommendations during the call, businesses can demonstrate the value of their products or services.
- Generating leads: By collecting contact information from participants, businesses can generate leads and follow up with potential customers after the call.
- Increasing conversion rates: Providing a direct and personalized connection with the business can increase the likelihood of conversion by addressing potential customers’ concerns or questions.
Overall, “Register for a Free Call” is a lead magnet that offers businesses an opportunity to build trust, demonstrate value, generate leads, and increase conversion rates by offering a direct and personalized connection with potential customers.
Library of Content (e.g. Send Password to Protected Site Area Upon Sign Up)
A library of content is a collection of valuable resources that are provided exclusively to users who sign up for a specific service or website.
By offering access to a curated selection of high-quality content, a library of content can be an attractive lead magnet that entices potential customers to provide their contact information.
There are several benefits to using a library of content as a lead magnet, including:
- Providing valuable information to your audience: By offering access to premium resources, you are giving your audience something of value, which can help establish trust and encourage them to engage further with your brand.
- Establishing yourself as an expert in your field: A well-curated library of content demonstrates your expertise and knowledge in your industry, helping to solidify your reputation as a trusted authority.
- Creating a sense of exclusivity: A library of content that is only available to those who sign up creates a feeling of exclusivity, making your offer more enticing and encouraging potential leads to take action.
This approach not only serves as an excellent incentive for visitors to sign up and become leads but also helps to ensure that the valuable resources you’ve created are only accessible to those who have demonstrated genuine interest in your brand.
Online Community Access (e.g. Must Sign Up to Get Link or Be Approved to Be in Group)
Online Community Access refers to granting users exclusive access to a private online group or forum once they sign up or get approved by the community administrators.
These communities often revolve around specific interests, industries, or topics and can be hosted on platforms like Facebook Groups, LinkedIn Groups, Slack, Discord, or even on a private website.
Using Online Community Access as a lead magnet can be highly effective for several reasons:
- Exclusivity: By making access to the community contingent upon signing up or being approved, you create a sense of exclusivity that appeals to potential members. This encourages users to provide their contact information in exchange for joining the community.
- Value-Added Networking: Online communities offer a space for like-minded individuals to connect, share knowledge, ask questions, and discuss relevant topics. By offering access to a community, you provide value to potential leads by giving them an opportunity to network with others in their field, which can help them grow professionally or personally.
- Trust Building: As members engage and interact within the community, they may develop trust in your brand and perceive you as an authority in your niche. This trust can eventually lead to increased loyalty and the likelihood of converting these leads into customers.
- Increased Engagement: Online communities encourage regular interaction and engagement, which can help keep your brand top-of-mind for members. Moreover, the ongoing communication offers valuable insights into your target audience’s needs and preferences, allowing you to tailor your marketing efforts accordingly.
- User-Generated Content: Active online communities often generate valuable user-generated content that can be repurposed for marketing materials, testimonials, or case studies. This not only saves time and resources but also adds credibility to your brand.
In summary, Online Community Access can serve as an effective lead magnet by offering exclusivity, networking opportunities, trust-building, increased engagement, and user-generated content.
By creating a space for users to connect and share their knowledge, you can attract potential leads and build lasting relationships that ultimately benefit your business.
Online Community Access (e.g. Must Sign Up to Get Link or Be Approved to Be in Group) Example
Let’s take Thomas Garetz No Face YT Course Community as example.
Thomas is a YouTuber turn affiliate marketer.
He found his success with how to make money with YouTube.
Thus, he created his flagship course “No Face YT” to help people like me and you succeed with affiliate marketing on the platform.
He also provides exclusive access to his online community for those who sign up for his course.
In this community, members can network with each other, ask questions, learn from Thomas’ experience, and share their own knowledge about affiliate marketing.
This helps form a tight-knit, helpful community of like-minded individuals all striving for success on YouTube.
By being part of this exclusive group, members have access to resources, tips, and tricks that they wouldn’t find elsewhere.
This makes them more likely to stick with the course and be successful in their endeavors.
Thus, by offering online community access as a lead magnet, Thomas is able to attract potential customers and build long-term that benefit his business.
This is just one example how Online Community Access can be effective lead magnet for entrepreneurs.
By creating an exclusive space where people can network, learn and grow together, you will be able to attract potential leads, build trust and loyalty, and gain valuable insights into your target audience.
At the same time, you can leverage user-generated content to create engaging marketing materials that will help your business stand out from the competition.
So if you’re looking for best lead magnets I suggest you don’t hunt for it…
…instead create lead magnets and TEST it.
Not all lead magnets work for all businesses, so it’s important to test and find the one that best resonates with your target audience.
By experimenting with different lead magnets, you will be able to identify the most effective one for your business and maximize conversions.
My personal favorite lead magnet example would be the “Challenge” lead magnet.
A challenge lead magnet is a great way to engage your target audience and get them invested in the desired outcome.
By creating an easy-to-follow 5-day challenge, you can provide users with achievable goals that will help them get closer to their desired outcome.
Creating educational lead magnets doesn’t have to be boring.
Let’s make creating lead magnets FUN again!