Best website builders depend on many factors.
Everyone has different needs for a website.
Some people need an online store while others need a simple blog or portfolio.
The best website builder for you is the one that fits your specific needs the best.
To help you find the best website builder for you, I’ve compiled a list of the top 5 website builders on the market.
- Wix: Best For Building Free Sites
- Squarespace: Best Website Builder for Creators of All Stripes
- Shopify: Best for Selling Products and Services
- WordPress: Best for Complete Control and Customization
- Webflow: Best Website Builder For Designers
At the end of this article, I’ll share my personal recommendation for the best tool to help you bring your business to the next level.
But first, let’s take a closer look at each of these best website builders.
What Are The Best Website Builders?
Wix is probably the no.1 pick for most people looking to build a website.
And it’s not hard to see why.
Wix is an all-in-one platform that gives you everything you need to create a stunning website.
With Wix, you can create any kind of website you want.
Whether you need an online store, a blog, or a portfolio, Wix has got you covered.
Wix is also one of the easiest website builders to use.
Even if you’ve never created a website before, you’ll be able to create a beautiful site with Wix in just a few minutes.
Wix Key Features
- Wix Editor: The Wix Editor is the platform’s drag-and-drop website builder. It’s extremely easy to use, and you can create any kind of website you want with it.
- Wix Chat: Wix Chat is a live chat support feature that allows you to provide customer support or answer any questions your visitors might have in real-time.
- Wix eCommerce: With Wix eCommerce, you can create an online store and start selling products or services online. You’ll get access to all the features you need to run a successful online business, including a secure checkout process, product pages, and a shopping cart.
- Wix Bookings: Wix Bookings is an online booking system that allows you to schedule appointments, classes, or other events.
- Wix Blog: The Wix Blog is a great way to share your stories, thoughts, and ideas with the world. You can use it to build a following and connect with your audience.
- Wix Restaurants: Wix Restaurants is a complete solution for restaurants, cafes, and bars. It includes everything you need to create a website for your business, including menus, online ordering, and reservations.
- Web Hosting: All Wix websites come with free web hosting.
- Wix Templates: Wix provides over 1000s beautiful templates that you can use to create your website.
Wix Pros and Cons
- Free to use: Wix is free to use, and you can create a website with it without spending any money.
- Easy to use: The Wix Editor is extremely easy to use, even if you’ve never created a website before.
- Flexible: With Wix, you can create any kind of website you want. Whether you need an online store, a blog, or a portfolio, Wix has got you covered.
- Support: Wix provides 24/7 support to help you with any problems you might have.
- Limited customization: Once you’ve chosen a template, you can’t change it.
- Page loading times can be slow: Wix websites can be slow to load, especially if you add a lot of content or images.
Wix Pricing Plans
Wix offers 2 categories of pricing plans.
- Website Plans
- Business and eCommerce Plans
Wix Website Plans
This plan is best for people who want to create a personal website, portfolio, or blog.
Under this category you have 4 plans to choose from:
- Connect Domain: $4.5/month
- Combo: $8.5/month
- Unlimited: $12.5/month
- VIP: $24.5/month
For all the plans above you get a custom domain and Free SSL.
No matter which plans you choose you still get access to customer support.
The only major difference among the storage and bandwidth limit.
Wix Business and eCommerce Plans
If you run a business or want to sell products online, then this is the category for you.
Under this category you have 3 plans to choose from:
- Business Basic: $17/month
- Business Unlimited: $25/month
- Business VIP: $35/month
For all the plans above you are able to receive online payments and connect a custom domain.
The major difference would be the storage, customized reports and loyalty programs which only available with Business VIP plan.
Wix Which One Should You Choose?
If you’re not sure which plan to choose, don’t worry.
Wix offers a free plan where you can play around with the platform and see if it’s right for you.
If you decide that you want to upgrade to a paid plan, you can do so at any time.
If creativity runs in your blood then Squarespace is the perfect platform to explore and showcase your talent to the world.
It is an all-in-one platform that provides you with everything that you need to get started with an online business.
You can create a beautiful and professional website, sell products or services online, market your business through social media and email marketing, and track your success with powerful analytics tools.
Squarespace is easy to use, even for beginners, and it offers a wide range of customization options so that you can create a website that is truly unique.
Squarespace Key Features
- Squarespace Website Builder: Create a beautiful and professional website in minutes, without any coding required.
- Squarespace Commerce: Sell products or services online with everything you need to get started, including a built-in shopping cart, product pages, inventory management, and marketing tools.
- Squarespace Marketing: Reach your target audience with email marketing, social media tools, and search engine optimization.
- Squarespace Analytics: Track your website’s performance with powerful analytics tools.
- Squarespace Extensions: You can add extra features to your Squarespace website with extensions, such as finance, inventory and shipping and fulfillment extensions, and more.
- Squarespace Site-Building Tools: Squarespace building blocks is an intuitive drag-and-drop website builder that makes it easy to create a professional website without any coding required.
- Squarespace Support: You can get help from Squarespace customer support 24/7 through live chat, email, and phone.
- Award-Winning Templates: Even if you don’t have any design experience, you can create a beautiful website with one of Squarespace’s award-winning templates.
Squarespace Pros and Cons
- Templates: You can choose from a wide range of beautiful and modern templates.
- Blogging Feature: Includes some rich blogging features, such as Disqus commenting(Optional add-on), social media integration, and more.
- Mobile Apps: You can manage your website from anywhere with the Squarespace iOS and Android apps.
- Additional Resources: Squarespace even offers additional video creation tools and resources to help you create a beautiful website.
- Ease of Use: Squarespace is extremely easy to use, even for beginners.
- Free Trial Available: You can play around with all Squarespace templates with 14-Days Free Trial.
- Page speed: Some Squarespace websites can be slow to load.
- Not suitable for large-scale businesses: If you’re looking for an eCommerce platform to sell a large number of products, then Squarespace is not the best option as it only allows you to sell up to 20 products per account.
Squarespace Pricing Plans
Squarespace offers four different pricing plans:
- Personal: $23/month
- Business: $33/month
- Basic Commerce: $36/month
- Advanced Commerce: $65/month
To make it simple for you, here’s a breakdown simple breakdown.
The personal account is good if you don’t need to sell anything and you just need a simple website or blog.
Whereas for the other 3 plans you can accept payments and sell products or services.
Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms in the world, and for good reason.
It is easy to use, offers a wide range of features and customization options, and has a robust support system.
With Shopify, you can create a professional online store in minutes, without any coding required.
You can sell products or services online, track your sales and traffic analytics, and manage your inventory with ease.
Shopify also offers a wide range of features to help you promote your business online, including social media integration, email marketing tools, and search engine optimization.
And if you need help getting started, Shopify offers tons of resources including video tutorials and an extensive knowledge base.
Shopify Key Features
Shopify offers a wide range of features to help you build, run, and grow your online store.
Some of the key features include:
- Ease of use: Shopify is extremely easy to use, even for beginners.
- A wide range of templates and customization options: You can choose from a wide range of beautiful and professional templates, or customize your store’s design to match your brand.
- Robust support system: If you need help getting started or running your store, Shopify has an extensive support system including video tutorials, an extensive knowledge base, and 24/7 chat and email support.
- Inventory management: You can easily manage your inventory and track how many items are sold and how many are left in stock.
- Payment processing: Shopify allows you to process payments through major credit card providers like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and more.
- Taxes and shipping: You can configure Shopify to automatically calculate taxes and shipping rates for your products.
- Mobile Commerce: You can manage your store on the go with the Shopify iOS and Android apps.
Shopify Pros and Cons
- Easy to get started: You can create a professional online store in minutes with Shopify.
- Ready To Go Templates: Shopify offers a wide range of ready-to-use templates to choose from.
- No need to worry about hosting: Shopify takes care of all the technical details for you so you can focus on running your store.
- You know you are not alone: Shopify has a large community of users and an extensive support system.
- Shopify can be pricey: Shopify’s monthly fees can add up, especially if you need to use additional apps from the Shopify App Store.
- Some themes can be pricey: While there are many free themes available from Shopify, some of the more premium themes can be expensive.
- You can’t move your store: Once you create a store with Shopify, it can be difficult to move it to another platform.
Shopify Pricing Plans
Shopify offers three different pricing plans:
- Basic Shopify: $29/month
- Shopify: $79/month
- Advanced: $299/month
There is also a 14-day free trial available so you can try out Shopify before you commit to a paid plan.
WordPress is used by over 60 million people around the world, and it powers some of the biggest and most popular websites on the internet.
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that makes it easy to create, edit, and publish content online.
You can use WordPress to create a simple website or blog, or a complex website with multiple pages and features.
WordPress is free to use, and it is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
This means that anyone can download, install, and use WordPress for free.
However, if you want to use WordPress to create a professional website or blog, then you will need to pay for hosting and a domain name.
WordPress Key Features
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that makes it easy to create, edit, and publish content online.
Some of the key features of WordPress include:
- Flexibility: WordPress is extremely versatile and can be used to create everything from simple websites to complex enterprise-level applications.
- Resourceful: You can literally find WordPress tutorial videos and resources for anything you want to do with your website.
- User-friendly: WordPress is relatively easy to use, even for beginners.
- Open source: WordPress is released under the GPL, which means that anyone can download, install, and use it for free.
- Extensibility: There are thousands of plugins and themes available for WordPress, which you can use to add new features and functionality to your website.
WordPress Pros and Cons
- Freedom: You have ideas, we have plugins – with WordPress, you can do anything you want with your website.
- Themes: You can change the look and feel of your website with just a few clicks.
- Plugins: You can add new features and functionality to your WordPress website with plugins.
- Open source: WordPress is open-source software, which means that anyone can contribute to the development of the platform.
- Transferable: WordPress is a widely-known platform, so if you need to transfer ownership at any point, it will be easy to do so.
- Security: As WordPress is open-source software, it is more vulnerable to security threats than closed-source platforms.
- Updates: You will need to keep your WordPress website updated with the latest version of WordPress, as well as all plugins and themes.
- Too many options: The large number of plugins and themes available for WordPress can be overwhelming for beginners.
WordPress Pricing Plans
WordPress is free to get started in fact most of the hosting providers now offer a 1-click WordPress install.
My personal pick would be Cloudways Digital Ocean hosting as it’s very fast, reliable, and inexpensive.
They also offer a 3-day free trial so you can test their platform without spending any money.
Webflow is a website builder that gives you the power to create responsive websites without any coding knowledge.
With Webflow, you can create custom designs, or use one of their pre-made templates.
You can also add animations and interactions to your website without any coding.
Webflow is a great option for people who want to create a professional website without any coding knowledge.
- Coding-free: You can create a website without any coding knowledge using Webflow.
- Responsive: Webflow automatically makes your website responsive, so it looks great on all devices.
- Animations and interactions: You can add animations and interactions to your website without any coding.
- Pre-made templates: If you don’t want to start from scratch, you can use one of Webflow’s pre-made templates.
Webflow Pros and Cons
- You can create a stunning website without any coding knowledge.
- Your site is responsive and looks great on all devices.
- You can add animations and interactions without any coding.
- Webflow has pre-made templates that you can use to get started quickly.
- Webflow is a bit more expensive than some of the other website builders on this list.
- You will need to put in some time to learn how to use Webflow.
Webflow Pricing Plans
Same as Wix, Webflow offers 2 categories of plans:
- General Plan
- Ecommerce Plan
- Starter Plan is FREE.
- Basic Plan is $18/month.
- CMS Plan is $29/month.
- Business Plan is $49/month.
If you need Enterprise plan you can contact their sales team.
This plan is not suitable for online stores. If you need an eCommerce plan, read on.
- Standard Plan is 42/month
- Plus Plan is $84/month
- Advanced Plan is $235/month
If you runs online store this is the most suitable plan for you.
There you have it, those are the 5 best website builders that you can use to create your website.
Next, let’s take a look at the key features that you should look for in a website builder.
What Features to Look for in a Website Builder?
- Ease of use: The best website builders should be easy to use, even for beginners.
- Depth of customization: The best website builders should allow you to customize your website to match your brand.
- Ability to earn money: The best website builders should allow you to monetize your website in some way.
- Transferability: The best website builders should be easy to transfer ownership if you need to.
- Customer support: The best website builders should have excellent customer support in case you need help.
Now that you know what to look for in a website builder, let’s take a look at how they work.
How Do Website Builders Work?
Website builders work by providing you with everything you need to create a website, including templates, hosting, and support.
Most website builders follow a simple 3-step process:
1. Choose Your Theme: You will choose a pre-made template or theme for your website.
2. Customize Your Website: You will customize your website to match your brand, including adding your own photos, videos, and text.
3. Publish Your Website: Once you are happy with your website, you will publish it and it will go live for the world to see.
Now that you know how website builders work, let’s take a look at how you can make them pay for themselves.
How Can I Make Website Builders Pay for Themselves?
There are a few ways you can make website builders pay for themselves:
- Use affiliate links: If you are using a website builder that allows you to use affiliate links, you can make money by promoting products on your website.
- Use Google AdSense: If you are using a website builder that allows you to use Google AdSense, you can make money by displaying ads on your website.
- Sell products or services: If you are using a website builder that allows you to sell products or services, you can make money by selling products or services on your website.
- Use sponsorships: If you are using a website builder that allows you to use sponsorships, you can make money by displaying ads for businesses on your website.
- Build and sell websites: If you are using a website builder that allows you to build and sell websites, you can make money by building and selling websites.
Pretty exciting right?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to making money with website builders.
Best Website Builders – Final Thoughts
Now that you know what to look for in a website builder and how they work, it’s time to choose one and get started.
If you ask me which one is the best?
I would have to say that it depends on your needs.
If you need an easy to use website builder with a lot of customization, I would recommend Wix.
If you need an easy to use website builder with a lot of features and the ability to sell products, I would recommend Shopify.
If you need a website builder that is easy to use and has a lot of features, I would recommend WordPress.
Finally, if you need a sophisticated website builder with a lot of features and the ability to sell products, I would recommend Webflow.
No matter which you choose your ultimate goal would be to get leads or customers from your website.
The best way to do that is by using a sales funnel.
A sales funnel is a series of steps that you take someone through in order to get them to buy something from you.
If that term sounds new to you, then I suggest you take some time to look into it.
In short, a sales funnel is the best way(Faster) to generate more leads and customers from your website.
If you are reading this, chances are you want to build an online business.
The good news is, with the right website builder, you can build and launch your online business in just 5 days.
I am not joking.
That’s if you know what to do already.
If you don’t know what to do, it will take a little longer.
What if there is a better way?
What if you could launch your online business in just 5 days, without any prior experience?
What if you will have everything you need to get started, including a step-by-step guide and support from experts?
If that sounds too good to be true, it’s not.
I am excited to introduce you to the Your First Funnel Challenge!
This challenge is designed to help you “Bootstrap” your ideas and get your first funnel up and running in just 5 days.
You will have everything you need to get started, including:
- A step-by-step guide
- Templates and resources
- Expert support
- And much more…
If you are serious about building an online business, this challenge is for you.
Click here to learn more and join the challenge now!